BAYSIDE SOCCER CLUB

The Bayside United Sports and Recreation Club began in 1954. It provided local children with a chance to play in an  organized soccer competition.

The soccer games were played on Cox Park which was leased from the Brisbane City Council.

The club also had teams playing badminton, table tennis, basketball and fencing.

In 1971/1972 the name changed to the Wondall United Soccer Club and the other activities were moved to the PCYC.

 
In 1974 the Bayside United Soccer Club was formed with a growing number of soccer teams which continued to play out of Cox Park.

In 1984 the club made a successful move to its present home ground of Don Randall Oval.

 

DON RANDALL OVAL

Don Randall Oval, Andrew Street

 

Bayside United Soccer Club  2006

 

The Don Randall Oval was developed on land that was originally a reclaimed salt flat. In the early 1970s this land was used briefly as a refuse tip for the Wynnum Manly area. After the tip was closed it was developed into park land which included a cycle track.

In 1984 the Bayside United Soccer Club relocated from Cox Park to the Don Randall Oval.

The Park was named after the long serving Alderman for the area Mr Don Randall.